Friday, March 6, 2009

Puteri Salat


My mother used to make Puteri Salat when I was young. I have made this before. I am making it again because I felt like feeding my cousin's family with this delicious kuih. And it is so easy to do.

Ingredients:


(A) Bottom layer:

• 300g glutinous rice, washed and soaked for 4 hours

• 4 tbs of coconut milk (Kara)

• 250ml water

• 1/2 tsp salt

(B) Top layer:

• 2 eggs

• 1 egg yolk

• 100g sugar

• 150ml coconut milk (Kara)

• 50ml water

• 1 tbsp pandan paste

• 3 tbsp plain flour

• Pinch of salt


Method:
  • Drain glutinous rice.
  • Pour (A) on to the steaming dish, and stir to ensure that it is equally mixed.
  • Steam for 30 minutes or till cooked.
  • Remove from steamer, and press it firm.
  • Mix eggs, sugar, coconut milk and pandan paste until sugar dissolves. Add all the other ingredients and stir well until smooth then strain to avoid lumpy flour.
  • Pour on to glutinous rice and steam for 20-25 minutes or till cooked.
  • Open cover to remove excess steam.
  • Leave to cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment