Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Wrap

I made the tortilla skin/flat bread on my own yesterday night when all my family members were asleep. Wheee!!!! My first time making it. It's soft!!!

Texas Flour Tortillas

Ingredients:

2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
3/4 cups of warm milk

Method:
  • Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and oil.
  • Slowly add the warm milk.
  • Stir until a loose, sticky ball is formed.
  • Knead for two minutes on a floured surface. Dough should be firm and soft.
  • Place dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
  • After the dough has rested, break off eight sections, roll them into balls in your hands, place on a plate and then cover balls with damp cloth for 10 minutes.
  • After dough has rested, one at a time place a dough ball on a floured surface, pat it out into a four-inch circle, and then roll with a rolling pin from the center until it’s thin and about 20cm in diameter.
  • Don’t over work the dough, or it’ll be stiff. Keep rolled-out tortillas covered until ready to cook.
  • In a dry hot pan, cook the tortilla about thirty seconds on each side. It should start to puff a bit when it’s done.
  • Keep cooked tortillas covered wrapped in a napkin until ready to eat.
  • Can be reheated on a hot pan or toaster, wrapped in foil.
  • Makes 6 tortillas. Left overs can be kept in ziplock bags.

So since I already did the tortilla skin, I prepared the fillings as well. I love chicken. So I marinated the chicken as how I normally would. I don't know how much of the ingredients cos I just grab it and put it in.

Fillings

Ingredients:

Boneless chicken fillet
Chopped garlic
Oyster sauce
Honey
Chili powder
Curry powder
Salt

Method:
  • Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
  • Mix them all together.
  • Taste it. If you think it's ok, proceed.
  • Place inside a ziplock bag and place it inside the fridge.
  • Let it rest for at least 3 hours. The longer, the better.
  • When it's time to use it, pan fry the chicken fillet until golden brown on each side.
Combining the two:
  • Heat up the tortilla in the toaster.
  • Dice the tomatoes.
  • Wash the lettuce.
  • Cut the cucumber into strips.
  • Spread a bit of mayonaise on the tortilla skin. Then, place the lettuce, followed by the cucumber strips, chicken fillet, and lastly diced tomatoes.
  • Roll it up.
  • Place it in the toaster again, around 5 minutes.
  • And it's ready to eat!!!
  • You can skip the vegetables if you don't like them.

I'm making this for my father's and brother's breakfast tomorrow. Hopefully I'll wake up in time. Haha.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment