Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cucur Badak


I made this because my father likes it. I have never tasted this before. I found a few recipe and I just followed and altered some of the ingredients according to my father's liking. Result is that my father say it taste like how it should except that the filling is too saltish. But he still finished up all 7 pieces that I fried for him.

As for me, I tasted it. I don't really like it. I don't like serunding, so I guess that's why. Hehe.

I shall bring over to my uncle's house for his review of this kueh that I have never tasted before. Hehe.

Ingredients:


Skin
  • 500 gm sweet potato (yellow)
  • 1 cup plain flour
Filling
(A)
  • 1 lemon grass
  • 2 tbs dried prawns
  • 6 dried chillies
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic
(B)
  • 1 pkt grated coconut
  • asam jawa
  • salt
  • sugar
Method:

Skin
  • Boil the sweet potato until soft. Drain the water and mash while still hot.
  • Add the flour to the mashed sweet potato, until a dough is formed. Set aside.
Filling
  • Place (A) in a blender and grind till fine.
  • Heat saucepan, and add 2-3 tablespoon of oil. Pour (A) into the hot oil. Let it simmer.
  • Add in assam jawa and, sugar and salt to taste.
  • Continue to stir and add in the grated coconut.
  • Mix well and let it sit it the saucepan until all the spices are absorbed by the grated coconut.
  • Set aside to cool.
Take a spoonful of dough and flatten on the palm of the hand. Scoop 1 tsp of filling and place in the middle of the flattened dough. Enclose the dough with filling inside and flatten it. Do the same for the rest. Heat oil and slip cucur badak dough one by one. Fry till light brown. Remove and strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment