Saturday, February 7, 2009

Steamed Chocolate Cake

My very first entry!!! Haha..

Anyway, my oven was down. I was bored. And I found cocoa powder in one of the kitchen cabinets. So I went in search of the recipe and tried my luck in baking this steamed chocolate cake.


Ingredients:
1
3/4 cup flour

3/4 cup cocoa powder

2 cup sugar

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp soda bicarbonate

1 cup cooking oil (vegetable oil)

1 cup of milk

3 eggs (beaten)

1 tsp vanilla essence

1 cup of boiling water


Method :
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate in a big bowl then add in the sugar and mix well with a wooden spatula.

- Pour in the oil, followed by milk, make sure that everything is well mixed and then put in the beaten egg. Keep mixing.
- Add in the vanilla essence and finally the boiling water and stir everything together.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking tray and steam on a medium heat for 45 minutes.


For the Topping :
150g cooking chocolate (I think I used more. Hee...)

50g butter

2 tbsp cocoa powder

2 tbsp vegetable oil

2 tbsp sugar

1/4 cup of fresh milk


Method:

  • Melt the cooking chocolate and the butter in a double boiler
  • In another bowl mix together the cocoa powder, oil, sugar and fresh milk.
  • When the cooking chocolate is fully melted add in the cocoa powder mixture and mix everything well.
  • Top the melted chocolate on the cake and decorate it as you like.

And the result is that it is super chocolatey and super moist. My cousins love it, and my nieces too. I'll bake it again soon. Most probably I'll make it into cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment